Friday, August 3, 2007

New stuff coming in & new challenges everyday

Wow, this is one crazy ride opening a store. Lots of great items are trickling in every week. Let me go on a tangent though - only for a minute. Has anyone worked with local artists? The creativity cannot be matched and the insight - as always I am blown away! BUT I am trying to keep everything "on track" and keep an effecient schedule because it is the only way I will get the store open in time. It is very much the antithesis of the "artistic" temperment. I think 10 emails trying to schedule a meeting is about average. It is almost like living in Seattle again where making a coffee date is like asking for a 50 year committment. I have had conversations at craft markets, flea markets, online and it is hard to get a firm commitment.

So, I am falling short of one of my first goals - to get as many local artists as possible. If any one has insight on how best to work with local artists let me know!! I will keep trying because the creative energy and beauty is so great to be around.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Offer beer...=) Good Luck!