Monday, August 27, 2007

Insight from Big Sur


One week before opening, I went on a much needed vacation to sunny, coastal California and had a most amazing experience, most memorably in a hot tub overlooking the beautiful cliffs of Big Sur. With a few new friends, we encouraged Cloris Leachman to join us. She listened to my hopes and my doubts about Earth Alley. Before she kissed me on the cheek she slapped me on the face, I think to knock some sense into me. She said, so you remember what I am about to say, “it is a good idea and you must go for it.” Also, she said to have a water feature and serve wine at your opening with a happy smile. And so I have gone for it – since arriving back last Wed. at 12:30 a.m. I have worked like I have not before. The last 2 days have been a whirl wind.

Verizon is saying that I have to fix the line that they never put in, the alarm guy is saying he can’t finish until Verizon puts in the line. Orders are misplaced or missing. Nonetheless, we are opening on Saturday.

Luckily 2 new creative friends, Allison and Amy, came to help me make sense of the last of the displays. I think they are creative geniuses. I must say, it looks good, like a real store. And just in time for Baltimore Magazine to take some photos tomorrow.



Please come and join us on Saturday, September 1st, 5 – 7 p.m.





Eva Khoury

2 comments:

allieger said...

Oh it looks lovely! Post more pictures! I so wish I could be there Eva! I know you are freaking but I also know it's going to be great! you are awesome and you've worked so hard! And think back - hard as it is - isn't it better than dealing with the BS you had to deal with at this place? You rule!

trish said...

I wish you lots of success on your new venture. I hope more eco friendly places open up. My dream is to someday have a store also featuring 'reconstructed art and furniture' along with some of my recycled painted clothes.
Will watch your blog for updates on how the business is doing.